Taiwan Transportation Minister, Lin Chia-lung on Wednesday (24/6) announced that international airline passengers can transfer through Taiwan, but will only be allowed to stay in the airport for eight hours.
As the domestic outbreak of the Covid-19 has been brought under control, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) recently agreed to allow international airline passengers to transit through the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport.
During a press conference, Lin said that the Ministry of Transportation and Communications, the Civil Aeronautics Administration, and the Taoyuan International Airport Corporation will open the nation’s largest airport to international transfers on June 25.
During a CECC press conference that same day, CECC deputy chief Chen Tsung-yen said that there would be a few conditions that passengers must meet before they can transfer through Taiwan. He said that transiting passengers can only linger in the airport for a total of eight hours and they may only transfer between planes of the same airline group.
According to the policy issued by Taiwan’s CECC, EVA Air released terms & conditions to their passengers, such as:
- From 25 June 2020, transit/transfer service at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport will be resumed in phases;
- Transfers are only allowed between airlines within the Evergreen Group airlines (EVA Air or UNI Air). Transfer to and from flights operated by other airlines are currently not allowed. In the first phase, transfer to and from Mainland China is not permitted;
- For entry requirements of final destination, please also make sure it is eligible or not before your reservation.
- The connection time between flights must be less than 8 hours on the same day;
- You shall get onward boarding pass from the origin and have baggage through checked-in to final destination;
- Wear a mask throughout the entire journey, including in-flight, departure or transit/transfer. And cooperate to do the temperature screening, hands sanitization, etc.;
- Follow the instructions from our staff to board or disembark the plane. For the transit/transfer, please follow the ground staff to the boarding gate or stay at the designated transit/transfer area.