A destination wedding is perfect for those looking to infuse culture and flair into their nuptials – and those seeking an epic wedding adventure can find that in Dubai. In addition, the city is the perfect location for a romantic honeymoon getaway – be it staying at exquisite resorts, savouring an unforgettable dinner under the stars or even embarking on an action-packed adventure.
Thanks to the city’s expansive roster of stunning hotels with views of the Arabian Gulf and iconic skyline, there are several options to consider when it comes to planning a wedding in Dubai.
• Urban Indoor Weddings
Dubai is teeming with indoor wedding venues that promise an idyllic ambiance and sophisticated interior design to make intimate ceremonies truly unforgettable.
– As Dubai’s first purpose-built performing arts theatre in the heart of Downtown Dubai, the flexibility and intuitive architecture at the Dubai Opera make it one of the city’s most sought-after locations for bespoke wedding celebrations. The auditorium can be transformed into a unique proscenium arch hall, with the ability to accommodate up to 1,000 guests. In the foyer, the immense drop chandelier creates an ideal setting for the welcome reception, or as a focal point for a wedding photo shoot. The venue’s rooftop restaurant, meanwhile, offers iconic views of Downtown Dubai.
– The refined contemporary space at Armani Hotel Dubai occupies a prime address in the first 39 floors within the spectacular Burj Khalifa, and has been designed by famed designer, Giorgio Armani as the perfect canvas for unique luxury wedding celebrations. Expert planners are on hand to co-ordinate the entire affair – be it in the sophisticated setting of the Armani/Ballroom or the stunning landscaped gardens at Armani/Pavilion, boasting the iconic backdrop of The Dubai Fountain.
– Reminiscent of a 16th century Italian palace with high ceilings and landscaped gardens, Palazzo Versace Dubai is an iconic addition to Dubai’s portfolio of hotels. Dramatic neoclassical architecture, a beautifully decorated ballroom with chandeliers, glassware and tableware from the Versace Home Collection, and a tailored menu selection make weddings here truly distinctive. The venue options include the magnificent Gala Ballroom, providing the perfect setting for lavish wedding events for up to 900 guests, with an outdoor patio offering unobstructed views of the Dubai Creek to complement the luxurious experience.
• Outdoor Weddings
With stunning stretches of sandy shorelines and lush gardens across the city, Dubai’s outdoor wedding venues offer secluded sun-soaked settings for an ‘I do’ with a view.
– The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai specialises in garden and beach weddings and luxury receptions. Nestled along JBR The Walk, the Ritz-Carlton’s beachfront retreat features an elegant modern setting amidst the towering skyscrapers of Dubai Marina. The resort’s outdoor venues are set amongst landscaped gardens, with views of the turquoise waters and sandy shores of the Arabian Gulf providing an idyllic backdrop for al fresco weddings.
– The Farm, Al Barari provides a pristine atmosphere for a wedding celebration amongst nature. The rustic venue is nestled in an exquisite garden and provides a striking waterside backdrop for stunning photos.
– Overlooking The Palm Island Bay, the One&Only Royal Mirage is set amidst a 65 acre oasis of lavishly landscaped gardens, just minutes away from Dubai Marina. With magnificent settings of an expansive picturesque beachfront, spacious gardens, a variety of water fountains, winding walkways, arches and domes, the resort offers a collection of the most unique and scenic venues – making it one of the city’s most stylish beach resorts for weddings and honeymoons.
• Desert Wedding
Perfect for those seeking a taste of Dubai’s unique desert culture, the city is home to picturesque landscapes set amid the beauty of sand dunes.
– Set in a verdant oasis amidst a protected wildlife reserve, the Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa boasts stunning views of Dubai’s desert dunes, majestic Arabian oryx and gazelles, and iconic vistas of the Hajar Mountains for a romantic backdrop. The resort is also the only one located in the pristine Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, offering complete privacy to all guests.
– Nestled amongst Dubai’s majestic dunes, Bab al Shams Desert Resort & Spa is the perfect secluded location for a five-star desert wedding. The resort offers a unique setting for a picture-perfect wedding, capturing all the romance and tranquility of the land and blending it with lavish Arabian experiences. Couples can choose from intimate ceremonies beneath a star-filled sky, lavish wedding breakfasts overlooking the tumbling dunes and stylish receptions beside tranquil pools.
• Distinctive Weddings
From the unexpected to the jaw-dropping, Dubai is also home to one-of-a-kind wedding venues that are sure to be memorable.
– Couples have the option to exchange their vows in a sky-high wedding experience 212m above the Arabian Gulf at the helipad of Dubai’s iconic sail-shaped Burj Al Arab hotel, boasting breath-taking panoramic views of the entire city and the Arabian Gulf. Among the services on offer is arrival at the hotel by air in an Italian twin engine Augusta 109 helicopter or by road in a Rolls Royce Phantom.
– For those looking for a tranquil setting under the stars, couples can opt for a romantic wedding adventure amongst desert dunes with Platinum Heritage. As one of the leading tour planners in Dubai, the company provides unique design services to transform the desert into a dream outdoor wedding space. Alternatively, couples can also opt for a unique spot in a beautiful Bedouin camp that uses natural materials to replicate the heritage of the land; or a private oasis in the desert, which is a magical place for an intimate ceremony or reception with fire torches and candle bags to create a breath-taking backdrop.
– The decadent Bateaux Dubai is another memorable location to commence a unique wedding adventure, sailing past some of the city’s iconic landmarks on the waters of Dubai Creek. The cruise’s elegant bespoke décor makes it a truly unforgettable venue that can be chartered on an exclusive basis for intimate ceremonies or lavish affairs.
– With a choice of extraordinary wedding packages to suit every couple’s requirements, couples at the Atlantis, The Palm can opt to welcome 65,000 marine guests at a unique underwater ceremony at The Lost Chambers Aquarium – from sharks, stingrays, piranhas, lobsters, or even the tiniest of seahorses.